BLOM BANK employees have the privileged access to a variety of benefits and facilities.
Insurance & Medical Coverage:
- All BLOM BANK employees and their dependents are medically covered via NSSF and AROPE Insurance free of charge.
- AROPE Insurance also provides BLOM BANK employees with special rates on all other types of insurance policies.
BLOM BANK employees are all covered at the National Social Security Fund that covers sickness, maternity, family allowances, and end of service indemnity. The bank contributes monthly to this fund, covering a significant percentage of the tax paid by employees for the NSSF.
Conversion Privilege Option
BLOM BANK allows employees who retire the option to convert their term insurance policy to a permanent policy that provides them and their spouse (if applicable) insurance for the rest of their lives. This option protects the employee from being declined insurance based on a change in health status.
Higher Education Sponsorship & Allowance:
- BLOM BANK sponsors the higher education of a number of employees annually by covering a percentage of the tuition (up to 100%); provided that the concerned employee has good performance and that the program applied for is relevant to his/her job.
- The bank also dedicates an allowance to employees who have achieved higher education degree or specialized certification.
Employees’ Children Academia:
BLOM BANK acknowledges and distinguishes family as priority:
- A schooling allowance is paid to all employees who have children pursuing school and university degrees at public and private institutions.
- A special bonus is rewarded to employees whose children achieve high grades in academia (Brevet, BACC II, and university full-time students).
- Employees’ children who graduate from university with distinction are guaranteed a position at BLOM BANK and are granted a welcome bonus upon recruitment.
BLOM BANK employees are entitled to profit sharing and marketing bonuses depending on their participation in marketing activities and the volume of sales achieved. Profits are distributed quarterly.
Overtime and Food Allowance:
- Food allowance is compensated for each full-day attendance.
- Employees may receive overtime pay for working beyond their regular working hours.
- Monday – Friday (08:00am - 05:30pm)
- Saturday (08:00am – 01:00pm)
BLOM BANK Branch employees may leave at 02:00pm once a week (Monday – Friday).
Performance Appraisals and Promotions:
- BLOM BANK is aware of the importance of having performance appraisals that evaluate the employees thoroughly, and consider it an indispensable annual process.
- The performance appraisal is a precursor to the employees’ promotions, bonuses, salary increases, development, etc.
- In addition to the annual performance appraisal, employees receive continuous and constructive feedback regularly throughout the year.
- Employees are entitled to promotions when their jobs require higher level of competencies and when they are able to maintain a good performance.
- BLOM BANK ensures that deserving and qualified employees are promoted to fill positions that match their qualifications.
Salary Increase and Annual Bonus:
- BLOM BANK Employees qualify for salary increases and bonuses depending on their annual performance appraisals.
- BLOM BANK ensures that employees are treated fairly and that good performers are rewarded in due manner.